Curry leaf – 5 strings (Plucked and washed)
Garlic – 10 cloves
Tomato – 1 (Big) 150 gms (Ground to a paste)
Tamarind – 1 lemon size
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Red Chilly pwdr – 2 tsp
Coriander pwdr – 3 tsp
Onion – 1 (medium) 150 gms finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chilly – 1
Red Chilly – 2
Oil – 3 tbsp (Divided)
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Take a wide pan and add little oil, fry in the curry leaves and keep aside. Once cooled grind it to a fine paste with 2 tbsp of water.
2, Grind the raw tomato’s and keep aside.
3. Add oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, curry leaf, red chilly, Onion and ginger garlic paste.
4. Fry well till the raw flavor leaves, Now add in the green chilly, garlic and fry well.
5, Now add in the ground tomatoes, ground curry leaves and give it a good mix till oil oozes out.
6. Add in the red chilly pwdr, coriander pwdr, turmeric and salt.
7. Fry well till the raw flavor leaves and add the tamarind water. Mix well.
8. Let it boil in medium flame till it becomes a thokku consistency.
9. Serve it with hot pongal, kitchadi or any tiffin item.